2013-12-02

Mac Classes – December 2013

Happy Holidaze everyone! I hope your holiday season has been sweet so far, and that December holds even more promise.

As I mentioned last month, it's the time of year when we all get very busy with lots of holiday activities, and it's tough to squeeze it all in. So again, I've decided to offer just one focused class for this month (as I did in November). On to the details...

Class list for December 2013:

Sat., December 14th, from 10-noon: iPhoto; Ridgway Town Hall
Wed., December 18th, from 5-7 pm: FREE Mac OS X Overview; Ridgway Library

The details:

 For my only focused class this month, on Saturday, December 14th, from 10 am to noon, I'm offering my most popular class: iPhoto. Come learn everything there is to know about Apple's powerful digital image organization/editing program. Is it finally time to get your photo library under control, with the added bonus of learning how easy (and fun) the process can be? Well then, this is the class for you! I will primarily cover the latest version (iPhoto '11) but can touch on the previous ('09) version when necessary. Cost for this class is $20, and it will be held at the Ridgway Town Hall. No sign-up necessary, and it's open to drop-ins, so come if you can!

 Lastly, I will be doing my regular last-Wednesday-of-the-month class at the Library. This month, it's the FREE Mac OS X Overview, and due to the holiday it will be held a week early, on Wednesday, December 18th from 5-7 pm. This class is held in the computer lab. Space is limited, so you have to sign up, and the Library has asked that I handle the sign ups, so give me a call at 970-417-8434 (or drop me an email) if you'd like to attend. (Be aware that first-timers take priority over anyone who has taken the class before, but there are often openings for repeaters). AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE: I am moving this class from the last Wednesday of the month to the third Wednesday, due to the holiday!

For the iPad/iPhone Overview, you'll need to bring your own device. For the Mac Overview, there are six Macs in the computer lab, so only two of the eight attendees need their own laptops. This class is beginner-oriented, but we cover some different things every month; repeat attendees are encouraged (when there's room)!

Take care everyone, and have a warm and cozy month!!